Last updated: February 16, 2021
Thank you for choosing to visit the Media Verification Team website. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at verifymedia at iti dot gr
When you visit our website mever.iti.gr (the "Site"), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Site.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
1. What information do we collect?
Some information — such as your browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Site.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data: Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Site and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Site (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps') and hardware settings).
- Device Data: We collect non-identifying device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Site. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as device and application identification numbers, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
2. How do we use your information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests.
More specifically, we use the information we collect or receive:
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
We will not, in any circumstances, share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission, including public organizations, corporations or individuals. We do not sell, communicate or divulge your information to any mailing lists.
4. Is your information transferred internationally?
We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in Greece. If you are accessing our Site from outside, please be aware that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities.
5. How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
6. How do we keep your information safe?
We aim to protect your information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your information, transmission of information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment.
7. Do we make updates to this notice?
Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may post a notice of such changes. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
8. How can you contact us about this notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Mr. Ioannis Chalinidis, by email at dpo (at) certh (dot) gr, by phone at +30 2310 498100, or by post to:
6th km Charilaou-Thermi Rd.
Please explicitly mention "Media Verification Team/ITI" in the subject line of your communication.